A Little About Me

I'm Kala.. Yes there's no Y in my name. Mom says it's because she didn't want me to have a hard time writing it in kindergarten.. Silly I know but that's Mom. I grew up in the small town of Nokomis as the youngest of 3 other siblings Shane, Michael and Mindy. The song American Honey relates most to my life... "She grew up on the side of the road, where the church bells ring and strong love grows, she grew up good, she grew up slow, like American Honey" I am going to be sharing my stories of the past present and what I hope to accomplish in my future. I am a very genuine girl and pray and hope my life in the future brings me happiness and joy and still be the genuine person I am... Life Is Short Lets Make The Best Of It!!!

Monday, April 11, 2011

A do-gooder


I know do-gooder is she serious.. Yes... You hear of all these people wanting money and wanting you to donate this much this month and this much next month.. What if you could do one single thing and help your entire community! And you can have fun doing it.. We hear the word cancer too often and we say good bye to more and more of our friends and loved ones because of this awful and frightening word. So many people that are close to us and which ever cancer it is.. Most of the time we end in saying goodbye in a blessing that they are no longer suffering with the pain they had for such a long time. In better circumstances we get to thank god and everyone for the prayers they said to help someone overcome this. In life we worry about the little things and it takes a tragedy for us to realize the importants of life... How long it may be but how short it really is.. A small fundraiser was taken place in our little town of Nokomis. It was a day full of Bowlers that bowled for the cancer society of our county. Bowling from 10 in the morning to 1 am the following day raising money for the fellow members of friends and family members who have had cancer have it or are recovering from it. Weather you fight like a girl and survive breast cancer or the many color ribbons you wear, wear them proudly. Make a small donation to your local cancer society. You don't have to do this monthly but someday one of your loved ones may need this favor and you can ask your self.. What have I don't to help people in need? Be a do-gooder. Help out the people that are close to you! Or even donate your time. Organize your own fundraiser. In the end you may help yourself! Feeling good about doing things is a reflection in the mirror and you can look at yourself and smile saying "I care, and I will help"
To all of you that have or may know someone who has cancer or has lost there battle of cancer or those of you that are recovering or know someone recovering! Thank you for being strong! For helping those around you and for praying for the many people that are in this predicament of race against time.. Appreciate each day as if it was your last! When we live, we are learning and we will survive together!!!!
As Always Thanks for reading
God Bless!!!
Kala

No comments:

Post a Comment