A Little About Me

I'm Kala.. Yes there's no Y in my name. Mom says it's because she didn't want me to have a hard time writing it in kindergarten.. Silly I know but that's Mom. I grew up in the small town of Nokomis as the youngest of 3 other siblings Shane, Michael and Mindy. The song American Honey relates most to my life... "She grew up on the side of the road, where the church bells ring and strong love grows, she grew up good, she grew up slow, like American Honey" I am going to be sharing my stories of the past present and what I hope to accomplish in my future. I am a very genuine girl and pray and hope my life in the future brings me happiness and joy and still be the genuine person I am... Life Is Short Lets Make The Best Of It!!!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Christmas and all the Family


I know I'm posting this in April but i simply have not had time to sit and write about well important or not so important things..
Christmas is a time where all of the families get together and do there normal traditions. The Carroll-Harston Christmas was a little different this year as we were settled in our new home and decorations were different from years prior. The most thing that we looked forward to was Sophie getting to spend Christmas with us crazy people with the loud voices and goofy laughs.. Oh how kids make Christmas magical! Santa stories and cookies by the fireplace! Its a time where we all need to reflect on our life.. Look at the things we have and appreciate them not look at what we have and say it's still not good enough. It's a time where we sing the same songs as we had from the year before. The Lyrics don't change but how it does give us that good feeling. All the families who could not be with there loved ones this year may next year be better and you may have your family weather they are here or gone take a moment to thank god for the memories with all your loved ones around the holiday season! :)
Thanks for reading and God Bless!
Kala~

No comments:

Post a Comment