A Little About Me

I'm Kala.. Yes there's no Y in my name. Mom says it's because she didn't want me to have a hard time writing it in kindergarten.. Silly I know but that's Mom. I grew up in the small town of Nokomis as the youngest of 3 other siblings Shane, Michael and Mindy. The song American Honey relates most to my life... "She grew up on the side of the road, where the church bells ring and strong love grows, she grew up good, she grew up slow, like American Honey" I am going to be sharing my stories of the past present and what I hope to accomplish in my future. I am a very genuine girl and pray and hope my life in the future brings me happiness and joy and still be the genuine person I am... Life Is Short Lets Make The Best Of It!!!

Friday, July 30, 2010

I will remember you. Will you remember me? Strongman, Superman, In Memory of Matt Cole


Did you met the strongest man? Inside and out? One that had unbelievable strength? One that had a will to be the best and nothing less? One that was always happy, always there for a friend, and one that always put a smile on your face no matter how mad you were? I have... Matt Cole! A man that people now look up to more that he is with us only in spirit.. I do not of course know him as well as his family or very close friends but this is what I can tell you about Matt Cole. I met Matt in May of 2008 where I knew of him in school but I was very shy in high school. I remember when Matt won prom king.. Oh how all the girls wished to be Lara and dancing with him.. Well maybe not ALL the girls but a pretty decent amount. I know I was one of them.. Then years later I got to be be one of the girls to get to know Matt. He wasn't shy out of high school that's for sure. I think the first thing he said to me was " I'm Matt Cole and I will kick you in the head" Haha! Jokingly of course! And after he laughed about it he realized that I was NOT laughing.. He apologized then asked if I wanted a ride on his bike.. Haha! What a nice way to make up for the threat he made 30 seconds before.. haha! Matt was always smiling, he always had a heart of gold.. He really cared for his family let me tell you! He always talked about how much he looked up to his big sister Mindy and how he could always kick his little brother Mitch's butt when they were growing up.. He always was the guy to go to in need of advice, or for a laugh, or just to go on a bike ride and grab his favorite Bobby's Ice Cream treat! He may have lived in a box but it worked for Matt.. His living room was no bigger than a public bathroom and he still made it comfy for visitors even if his crotch rocket was in the middle of the room.. His smile was so warming and welcoming.. You talked to him for 3 minutes he made you feel like he knew you for a life time.. His BIG blue eyes were the color of the sky's he is in now... Matt was taken from us December 5th 2008 just 8 short months after I really got to know Matt and the kind-hearted person he was. On the morning of December 5th Matt was traveling home from work at about 5a.m. and was hit by a drunk driver. His life was cut short by far too many years.. The things Matt really taught me in life is what I try and pass on to people.. It really is too short to worry about the small stuff, always try and be the positive friend, forgive easily but don't forget were human, and that you can do absolutely ANYTHING you set your mind to and to NEVER give up. He always made everyone smile and still to this day when anyone shares a story or memory of Matt there is smiles, tears and laughter. Matt was a little goofy he always got really excited about what he was talking about and if you didn't seem as excited he was he would get just laugh and say "oh you don't care" haha! He really meant a lot to many people! He had tons of friends and was close to his family like I said.. Matt really loved his Mama! He always said "My Mom and I have a great relationship and I don't have to talk to her everyday but she knows I love her" I could really go on and on about Matty but bottom line he was a very good friend to me and still to this day I think about him often.. He is I believe in Heaven with some of his other cousins or family members looking down on us and always close to our heart. As a strong man Matt was, he lives through us. We daily put a smile on our face, his family mostly, and they push through daily.. They too have the Strongman blood run through them! Matt, I know you are most likely reading this, somehow I believe that you are! I want to tell you Happy Birthday.. 25 years ago today a strong man came into the world and Matt you are missed by many. More than you know! I want to tell you thank you for everything you have taught me in life, to always do what I think is right, and be happy for myself.. I love you to Heaven and back and I know someday I will see you again... Love Kala! But I will remember you Will you remember me? Don't let your life pass you by Weep not for the memories... Thanks for reading! God Bless! *Kala~

1 comment: