A Little About Me

I'm Kala.. Yes there's no Y in my name. Mom says it's because she didn't want me to have a hard time writing it in kindergarten.. Silly I know but that's Mom. I grew up in the small town of Nokomis as the youngest of 3 other siblings Shane, Michael and Mindy. The song American Honey relates most to my life... "She grew up on the side of the road, where the church bells ring and strong love grows, she grew up good, she grew up slow, like American Honey" I am going to be sharing my stories of the past present and what I hope to accomplish in my future. I am a very genuine girl and pray and hope my life in the future brings me happiness and joy and still be the genuine person I am... Life Is Short Lets Make The Best Of It!!!

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Theres A Hero


There's a hero If you look inside your heart You don't have to be afraid Of what you are There's an answer If you reach into your soul And the sorrow that you know Will melt away
Everyone has there own hero.. Some is there Mom, Dad, Grandparents, or a family member of some sort.. Now My Mother is my absolute rock and I hold everything i can onto her. She means more to me than I can explain but this is about my sister.. Mindy.. She prayed her little heart out for me let me tell you. Three hours straight she prayed to god for me to come along.. Well one day her and my mom went to the doctor and the doctor said to my mom now you don't have diabetes but you are pregnant. YAY! So the doctor thought.. Nope my mom cried and cried truth is she wanted to be done having children but here I came.. And when she got into the car Mindy said "Mom whats wrong?" and mom said while having tears run down her face, "your going to have a little brother or sister" and Mindy shouted for joy thanked God for her answered prayers.. She really really wanted to be a big sister.. All throughout my Moms pregnancy with me she was sick and hating life but my sister was always there to help mommy anyway she could.. She was already a good big sister and I wasn't even around yet.. But 9 months later here I came.. and My big sister realized that I needed attention for I was sick when I was born and needed my mom's attention and I took some away from my sister and at the age of 9 she really needed mom around and baby sister was there too.. :( Not exactly what she had in mind.. But fast forward a few years.. My sister and I hated each other as much as any other pairs of siblings.. We fought ALL the time.. She was always right I was always wrong.. I learned tho.. It was easier for her to think that I always thought she was right :) But... Little did my big sister know when I walked away I said to myself under my breath that I was the one that was right.. At 9 and my sister was 18 haha.. Can you imagine fighting with a 12 year old at the age of 21 haha.. Ohh my! It was always Shane sticking up for Mindy and Michael sticking up for me! He never let anyone say or do anything to me.. Saved my life one day actually but that's a whole other story.. Fast forward a few more years.. Now at the age of 21 and my sister 30 I tell you what, this woman has taught me so much about life that I really dont think a lot of other siblings do.. She for one taught me how to punch haha If I ever get into trouble I know how to stick up for myself. How to save a life.. With just a tender smile or hello. Her heart is what makes her the person she is.. An absolute joy to be around. Even when she's being bull headed you just have to laugh.. But she Is my hero. She always is straight with me about boys or life or jobs or friendships.. Doesn't tip toe around my feelings but its what I usually need to hear. She would help anyone out yet she would put anyone in there place! She's just a plain bad ass.. The bad ass that im not LOL just for laughs guys just for laughs.. But anyway.. She is my sister.. She is my hero, my rock and she will always be there for me! I want to say, Mindy, I am sorry for all those times that I needed Mom to myself and you couldn't have her around.. I am sorry that I hurt your feelings when I was 5 and told you I hated you because you yelled at me.. I am sorry for all our fights, for you usually being right and me telling on you to mom... Im sorry you got grounded for saying shut up to mom when I said to mom that you shouldn't be in trouble although she didn't care even when I said "fine shut up mom"... I want to thank you for everything you have done for me.. Everything you have givin up to make sure I have something.. For calling me 100 times when I have a broken heart just to listen to me cry.. For doing all you could when one of my best guy friends passed away.. You are always there, and I always appreciate it! You will never be replaced in my life no matter how good of a person someone is they cant take your place.. I love you and I as your little sister am always here for you.. For I will promise to reach out a hand for you to hold, to be that hope when It feels like its gone.. Give you the will to carry on and I promise you will find truth when a hero is here for you! =) Kala~

No comments:

Post a Comment