A Little About Me

I'm Kala.. Yes there's no Y in my name. Mom says it's because she didn't want me to have a hard time writing it in kindergarten.. Silly I know but that's Mom. I grew up in the small town of Nokomis as the youngest of 3 other siblings Shane, Michael and Mindy. The song American Honey relates most to my life... "She grew up on the side of the road, where the church bells ring and strong love grows, she grew up good, she grew up slow, like American Honey" I am going to be sharing my stories of the past present and what I hope to accomplish in my future. I am a very genuine girl and pray and hope my life in the future brings me happiness and joy and still be the genuine person I am... Life Is Short Lets Make The Best Of It!!!

Thursday, January 10, 2013

A better me in 20 13

     Well as you notice the title looks like "it's wrong" really it's not! 
Twenty Thirteen is spaced so it is said as Twenty-Thirteen. I know I can be and I am a bit of a dork! =] But it gives me qualities and character that most people wouldn't bring up about themselves. But heck, I seriously don't mind a bit!

Okay So in 20 13 I am setting a few "Things-To-Do" for myself! These are NOT resolutions! Nor are they goals! They are.. TO-DO's and they are a must for me!

You know the commercial "Doing the right thing" it's an insurance commercial for Liberty Mutual. It starts out with one person doing a kind random act while another is watching. That person then goes on to do a random act of kindness and so and on so on. The end of the commercial it starts back at the beginning where it all started. 

Imagine if we, as humans, did this same sort of thing. Not something to strive for in any of our busy schedules but think about it. One small act of random kindness can turn into a chain of random acts of kindness.

We have all read the Wal-Mart stories where the single father doesn't have enough money to buy the groceries as the little children are in the cart waiting and the person behind pays for what they don't have. What we see with our eyes is a kind an selfless act. Lets face it this world is evil and full of hate! Lets bring the love back. What we don't see is that strong father breaking down in his beat up clunker car with his baby in the car seat as he sheds a tear down his face. He just had a 'love beat' in his heart.

I say two things at the end of a blog.. Thank you and God Bless, and I mean each of those things. But what I haven't said that I often say in person is the famous Ellen Degeneres quote, "Be kind to one another" and I'm from now on going to say that as well in my little writings that I enjoy doing! Putting my thoughts and feelings into words and paragraphs. 

So... for my "Better Me in 20 13" I am putting together a list of things that I want to do. Randomly! Not planned, not done on a specific date but just, to do! For others! I'm prepping myself for no thank you's and for some possible rude lash outs, but most of all, I am hoping for nothing in return! Just maybe a simple smile, and to just make someones day! I want to start that chain of random acts! I want to put a little bit more love into the world. Now I'm not saying I want to completely and totally change the nation. Because one voice can't do that, even though our parents have always told us... 'You can change the world" well I don't believe thats true, but what I do believe is we can make it a better place. 


What do you plan to do with 20 13 or 2k13? 

As always, thank you for reading and God bless!
Be Kind to One Another! 

No comments:

Post a Comment