A Little About Me

I'm Kala.. Yes there's no Y in my name. Mom says it's because she didn't want me to have a hard time writing it in kindergarten.. Silly I know but that's Mom. I grew up in the small town of Nokomis as the youngest of 3 other siblings Shane, Michael and Mindy. The song American Honey relates most to my life... "She grew up on the side of the road, where the church bells ring and strong love grows, she grew up good, she grew up slow, like American Honey" I am going to be sharing my stories of the past present and what I hope to accomplish in my future. I am a very genuine girl and pray and hope my life in the future brings me happiness and joy and still be the genuine person I am... Life Is Short Lets Make The Best Of It!!!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Tribute to Geech!


"I heard they were good!"... "Yeah, well I know there awesome" A conversation that took place ending on an agreement about a band.. You may or may not have heard of them but Captain Geech and the Shrimp Shack Shooters.. From slowing down Mustang Sally to Oh Mickey He's So Fine and throwing in a little Poison, you have your self a pretty good time! Not drinking? No big deal, these guys make you want to dance sober, and we all know how many of us are really comfortable dancing sober! These guys play all through out Illinois and they know how to throw a party each time. If you have seen them once you will want to see them a million times! I first saw them at the Illinois State Fair at the Corona tent this past August. I listened to them while carrying a conversation and in mid sentence I said "I think I just fell in love" Usher don't got nothing on this DJ! There presence makes everyone want to be there friend. You know, "I'm with the band" type of people! Sure they say all bands have there clashes.. With this one its like there a family.. You got Jay Bird the drummer! Joker on the Keyboard! Julie the female vocals! Peter Vocals and rhythm guitar! Buster on Bass! and last but not least Christopher Lead guitar and Vocals! The combination of there sound together is amazing! They Literally can not put on a BAD show! So as I blab on about them I am just hear to tell you would I steer any of you wrong? Absolutely not! Check them out for your self! They have a facebook page that tells all of us fans where they will be! Thanks again for reading and God Bless~ Kala*

No comments:

Post a Comment