A Little About Me

I'm Kala.. Yes there's no Y in my name. Mom says it's because she didn't want me to have a hard time writing it in kindergarten.. Silly I know but that's Mom. I grew up in the small town of Nokomis as the youngest of 3 other siblings Shane, Michael and Mindy. The song American Honey relates most to my life... "She grew up on the side of the road, where the church bells ring and strong love grows, she grew up good, she grew up slow, like American Honey" I am going to be sharing my stories of the past present and what I hope to accomplish in my future. I am a very genuine girl and pray and hope my life in the future brings me happiness and joy and still be the genuine person I am... Life Is Short Lets Make The Best Of It!!!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The "Perfect" Baby Shower


So as most of you know... A friend of mine is expecting a baby and as a Best friend/family members we do our best to welcome the child with open arms and make sure that the new mom has everything she needs. In order to do this a task must be completed! A BABY SHOWER.... First things first... I did not do this alone so here is the direct credit and attention to all the other girls who helped out any way they could weather it was family or friends these girls did a great job for what they had to work with. Being 21 we don't have established careers and that makes it hard to spend an okay amount of money. So planning is a must, saving is a must and last but not least a budget is an absolute must. First thing. Who was helping? Rounded up about 10 close friends and family more than willing to help. Got that down! The place was an easy pick as we used my Church's basement for a small fee which was one of the gifts I put forward for the mother to be. Next was who is doing what.. Very hard decision as you need the creative ones to do one thing, the its easy its cute lets do it girls to do another. Decorations, Invitations, Games, Prizes, Cake, Punch, Centerpieces, It all had to be discussed and planned.. You can't do this over night so don't think it's possible if your going to include all of the above tasks.. It's a girl so of course Pink Pink Pink the best and nothing less.. It was about two months before the shower as we all started picking out what we wanted to incorporate everything with. Trust me Not Easy! The stress level starts to pick up as your getting down to who has what and what is it we still need to get. All the girls did great at getting there part done and it couldn't have looked so cute.. We had pink and brown decor. Floating Tea Lights. Flower pen centerpieces with coffee beans to hold them up. A lady bug pink and brown cake with matching cup cakes. Prizes were great as well! The shower was a complete success but not something I'd want to take up on as a hobby.. Wedding planners I sure as heck dont know how you do it. But the best part about the entire shower was no matter anyone's differences, we all came together for baby Leigha and the mommy to be. WE wish the family the best of luck as the new arrival is going to be here shortly. May she grow up to be a very kind-hearted well-mannered beautiful young lady! May god bless her and keep her safe through all obstacles that may come her way! Let her know she has many people who are here to care for her and help her along the way of life just as we have had done for us through out these years! And God last but not least please let her be healthy and happy with positivity all the days of her life! :) Thank you for reading and God Bless~

No comments:

Post a Comment