A Little About Me

I'm Kala.. Yes there's no Y in my name. Mom says it's because she didn't want me to have a hard time writing it in kindergarten.. Silly I know but that's Mom. I grew up in the small town of Nokomis as the youngest of 3 other siblings Shane, Michael and Mindy. The song American Honey relates most to my life... "She grew up on the side of the road, where the church bells ring and strong love grows, she grew up good, she grew up slow, like American Honey" I am going to be sharing my stories of the past present and what I hope to accomplish in my future. I am a very genuine girl and pray and hope my life in the future brings me happiness and joy and still be the genuine person I am... Life Is Short Lets Make The Best Of It!!!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

As one closes.. Another one DOES open!


The beginning of 2010 was unbelievably rocky for me... Sure new years was great and I had a blast with friends! Who are still there for me today! :) But on Jan 3rd was not a great day for me. I had thought my whole world was going to end and I would never live without someone in my life.. I look back now and realize, it was a Life Lesson and people do move on we do forgive although it's hard to forget and I still think to this day it's almost impossible to forget some things but... Times like those when we are down we turn to the positive people in our life and they reach out for our hand when we want to fall! They go the extra step when we are crawling and that phone call at 3am they answer it because they know our pain. I used to be so very down about things at the beginning of this year. I turned 21 supposed to be your best birthday and it was my golden but I still was down about things to just shrug my shoulders and say 'ehh' but it turned out to be a great time and I had all my friends around me to make me feel Golden! Negativity set into my life for a good 3 months.. Lots of prayers were said.. Lots of talks took place and still I wasn't the same Kala.. But one day, I was a new me but back to myself.. Sounds confusing I know but I realized that 2-3 years prior I was a happy go lucky, no worries, always smiling kind-of-gal.. I wanted that back! I needed change.. I needed that door to open and let me tell you it did! I moved into the town I love, on my own! I worked with the public, which I loved! I started taking care of myself again! I let nothing get me down! I was always positive and cut the negative thoughts, people and actions out of my life! COMPLETELY! That door had finally opened! "Good things happen to good people" I finally felt great about myself again. I had lost that feeling and was able to be Little Miss Positive and So happy about life which I love! WE all get down and sad some days and we all run into ruts in our life but stick it out, learn from it, work on you! We need to FORGET the negative and FORGIVE our self for forgetting it in the first place. Everyone's door will open sure some doors are darker than others but we have to go through the dark to turn on the light.. Life is too short to be anything but happy! Live for today and not tomorrow because tomorrow may never be! We have all heard these quotes now lets make a pact to start living them!! When you have those dark days, reach out to that positive person that you always know will be there for you to help you see the light. There is a light at the end of every tunnel it may be dim but it is still there! To all my readers I promise to reach out for you when you may need me, I promise to do my best at helping you smile and laugh on your sad days and last but not least I PROMISE your door WILL open!!! Thanks for reading and God Bless~

No comments:

Post a Comment