A Little About Me

I'm Kala.. Yes there's no Y in my name. Mom says it's because she didn't want me to have a hard time writing it in kindergarten.. Silly I know but that's Mom. I grew up in the small town of Nokomis as the youngest of 3 other siblings Shane, Michael and Mindy. The song American Honey relates most to my life... "She grew up on the side of the road, where the church bells ring and strong love grows, she grew up good, she grew up slow, like American Honey" I am going to be sharing my stories of the past present and what I hope to accomplish in my future. I am a very genuine girl and pray and hope my life in the future brings me happiness and joy and still be the genuine person I am... Life Is Short Lets Make The Best Of It!!!

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Take a Moment!

When you were in Elementary school did you have the lesson on thunder cake and learned about the miles away a storm was from you by the lightening and thunder.

You know sometimes we all need to relive our childhood. Wether it's dressing up with kids on Halloween, actually getting excited when a Disney movie is coming on or going to the theatre. It's time for all of us to once in a while get away from reality and 'think like a kid.'

You can't deny that you never went to your mom/dad aunt/uncle gma/gpa to have her kiss your boo boo or hold you during a lightening storm.

We often are too wrapped up in our high speed society that we forget what it's like to be excited over the smallest possible things..

I got the inspiration of this blog as I'm sitting away from the window but in the middle of the room watching a good ole fashioned lightening storm as the thunder starts to come in all I could think of was making Thunder Cake in my 2nd grade class and thinking... I have no phone, no TV, no tweets or pics to post, I simply am sitting here enjoying the little things!

So I ask you take 5 minutes to yourself to relive a favorite memory or childhood moment in your head don't pick up your phone don't worry about replying to your last tweet or liking the last comment someone posted or text the person back about what your doing & just relax! Relive! and lastly Enjoy!!

Back to the storm I go!

God Bless
Be Kind To One Another!

No comments:

Post a Comment