A Little About Me

I'm Kala.. Yes there's no Y in my name. Mom says it's because she didn't want me to have a hard time writing it in kindergarten.. Silly I know but that's Mom. I grew up in the small town of Nokomis as the youngest of 3 other siblings Shane, Michael and Mindy. The song American Honey relates most to my life... "She grew up on the side of the road, where the church bells ring and strong love grows, she grew up good, she grew up slow, like American Honey" I am going to be sharing my stories of the past present and what I hope to accomplish in my future. I am a very genuine girl and pray and hope my life in the future brings me happiness and joy and still be the genuine person I am... Life Is Short Lets Make The Best Of It!!!

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Sometimes we need a "Pick-ME-Up"

You know those times when you work so hard for something and it falls through and you just want to crawl in a whole because you think you have failed?

Well sure we have all been there. So what makes us feel better when Chocolate, and Ice Cream just makes us fatter?

FLOWERS!

My Sister is someone who would literally take a bullet for me, or she would put a bullet in someone for me! She's a natural Bourn Bad-Ass ;)

As we were growing up sure we fought a lot and basically hated each other in the same house. As we got older we became close as sisters should be. She is the most protective of me out of my entire family. She has a great judge of character from Friends to Boyfriends, that girl had it down.

In our past we have had some pretty major fights just because were so alike yet so different, the kind of fights where you leave crying from screaming and not talking for days. Yup, thats us!

But seeing my Sister be the person she is I really couldn't take seeing her down. So for my kindness list scratch off. Sending someone in need flowers.

She just works so hard and was really striving for something she felt that she was born to do it. Well, she got turned down! :( It's disappointing and sad but as the pretty cool little sister I am. Sure enough, I sent her the brightest most happy mason jar filled bouquet of flowers.

As she called and told me thank you I could hear the cracking in her voice. Of course she tried to be strong and hide it because she is so tough, but that was her moment to be weak.

This was an amazing feeling to me that she really enjoyed being recognized for her work and for me to be an appreciative sister as I really would do anything for her! =]

Don't forget rain or shine, boy or girl, day or night, we all need a pick-me-up sometimes!

Thanks for reading!
As always God Bless and Be Kind To One Another!


No comments:

Post a Comment