A Little About Me

I'm Kala.. Yes there's no Y in my name. Mom says it's because she didn't want me to have a hard time writing it in kindergarten.. Silly I know but that's Mom. I grew up in the small town of Nokomis as the youngest of 3 other siblings Shane, Michael and Mindy. The song American Honey relates most to my life... "She grew up on the side of the road, where the church bells ring and strong love grows, she grew up good, she grew up slow, like American Honey" I am going to be sharing my stories of the past present and what I hope to accomplish in my future. I am a very genuine girl and pray and hope my life in the future brings me happiness and joy and still be the genuine person I am... Life Is Short Lets Make The Best Of It!!!

Friday, December 6, 2013

~!!!!!!I'm Engaged!!!!!!~

This may be the most exciting post that I have ever talked about!

As you can see the title! Ha!

Shane has always been the romantic type he has always done little things for me like do all the laundry fold it and put it away and then say "surprise you don't have to do it"

One time when I was gone on a work trip and the bedroom floor needed redone and I came home and it was completed and he's like Surprise! It often happens when I am away for work I come home and he's done something to surprise me. Even the little things…

October 12th we were going out to dinner with our friends Heather and Kyle because the week after was their wedding but we were going to be in New Orleans (work for me and vaca for Shane) so he says the week before the 12th "why don't we take Kyle and Heather to dinner since we won't be here for their wedding" I agree as I LOVE going to dinner! =]]

The day came I was giving Heather a pedicure that morning and then we stopped at a couple antique shops and then we arrived back home. I was SO tired as the night before I didn't sleep well. Shane says "I'm gonna sweep out the truck because we will just take that tonight" (we always take my car)
As I said thats fine I'm going to take a nap. I fell asleep for 2 hours on the couch (rarely happens)

I wake up and Shanes still cleaning the truck. He also cleaned the bathroom did the floors and did some laundry. Im like are you okay he says yup just didn't have anything else to do. Lol (clue two)

So then I say "Where is Cody and Dalton", "Fishing with Mac" Shane replies (Odd, Cody NEVER leaves without Shane) I say oooh so its just us going to dinner double date!

I text Heather… "What are you wearing I'm kind of tired I may just wear a hoodie" She says "thats fine I was planning on doing that too since we were gonna go to the hayride after" We had plans to go to a bonfire after we went out to eat so Hoodies were acceptable to wear! LOL!

Shane says "Kyle and Heather will be here at 5 45" I'm like "okay I'm ready now so whenever" this is like 5pm! Shane says "Well they won't be here till then they had to get something"

As it started getting closer to time I started to feel nervous, like nothing I ever felt before!

They pulled up.. We climb in the truck I say "Kyle you can sit up front" he's like "no thats okay" (Odd the guys usually ALWAYS ride upfront together and girls in back)

So were heading down to where were going to dinner and shane says "here, (hands me a blind fold) you have to put this on I've been doing some work down at the ranch and want you to see it but you'll see it from the road" Im like "okay!?!" Honestly I was thinking he was doing a little surprise thing again and he had put up a fence, we talked about fencing shortly before.
So I put the blindfold on and mind you were in the country and in a large truck… I felt a little nauseous not being able to see. I felt us turn into the driveway and then we kept going… I was like hmmm But still SWEAR I thought NOTHING of it…

We STOP!
Heather and Kyle get out. I didn't know being blindfolded said, "heather whats going on?" no answer because she was out of the truck LOL
Shane tells me from out of the truck open the door.
He helps me out of the truck.
Says "Okay, take your blindfold off"
I said "I can't get it"
He said "just pull it off" (I then knew he was below me)

As I took it off.. I see him there on one knee next to our pond with 60 of our family members, and friends letting out screeches of excitement!

I WAS SHOCKED!!! 1. NO ONE GAVE ME ANY CLUES 2. EVERYONE WAS THERE! (A few couldn't make it but called right away)

The ring was BEAUTIFUL

He stands up… (Forgot my middle name) and says "Kala Lin will you do me the honor of spending the rest of your life with me?"
SO SWEET!

We had Food, Cake, Drinks, Fire, Family, Friends and the BEST WEATHER! It truly was the best day of my life!!!!

Enjoy the pictures!!
Thanks for reading!
God Bless~~ PS Were set for October of next year~








No comments:

Post a Comment