A Little About Me

I'm Kala.. Yes there's no Y in my name. Mom says it's because she didn't want me to have a hard time writing it in kindergarten.. Silly I know but that's Mom. I grew up in the small town of Nokomis as the youngest of 3 other siblings Shane, Michael and Mindy. The song American Honey relates most to my life... "She grew up on the side of the road, where the church bells ring and strong love grows, she grew up good, she grew up slow, like American Honey" I am going to be sharing my stories of the past present and what I hope to accomplish in my future. I am a very genuine girl and pray and hope my life in the future brings me happiness and joy and still be the genuine person I am... Life Is Short Lets Make The Best Of It!!!

Friday, December 6, 2013

Fall and all its activities!

I usually just write blogs for my own personal diary in a sense and don't mind that others can read it… But most of you may or may not know. Shane is a lot older than me and with his last marriage he was blessed with children in his life that biologically may not be his but are more his than blood can change.
His daughter Tiffany has a son, Cody! Who we just love! We tend to have Cody a lot and spend time with him. My goal is for him to grow up and always remember the fun things Papa and Kia were able to do with him! =] So what is more fun than FALL?~

Pumpkin Picking
Kettle Corn
Hoodies
Hay Rides
Wiener Roasts
Caramel Apples

These are just a few of the fun things that you can do! I said "lets take Cody to The Great Pumpkin Patch"

Such a fun place to go for kids! If you live in Illinois it's a great place to go!

We had SO much fun… Corn Maze, Hay Ride, even Pumpkin Ice Cream! Cody's face lit up when he saw the patch of the pumpkins. There were so many he couldn't count them all but he wanted to pick the biggest one. Of course what kid wouldn't want the biggest Pumpkin they could find? Ha!

Cody loves to help Kia in any way he can. He decided to pull our wagon the entire day… Even with a good 20 lbs of pumpkins in it he still tried. He was successful for a while then says "Kia my arms tired" After a long day we tried Pumpkin Chowder, Pumpkin Ice Cream, Pumpkin Rolls, and Pumpkin Pancakes! Pretty impressive as a child I don't think I ate anything that wasn't chicken! He tried MOST of them. The Pumpkin chowder he didn't want any part of but it was fantastic!
Hope you enjoy the pics of our day!

As always, thanks for reading!
God Bless!





No comments:

Post a Comment