A Little About Me

I'm Kala.. Yes there's no Y in my name. Mom says it's because she didn't want me to have a hard time writing it in kindergarten.. Silly I know but that's Mom. I grew up in the small town of Nokomis as the youngest of 3 other siblings Shane, Michael and Mindy. The song American Honey relates most to my life... "She grew up on the side of the road, where the church bells ring and strong love grows, she grew up good, she grew up slow, like American Honey" I am going to be sharing my stories of the past present and what I hope to accomplish in my future. I am a very genuine girl and pray and hope my life in the future brings me happiness and joy and still be the genuine person I am... Life Is Short Lets Make The Best Of It!!!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What Do You Get A Hero For Their Birthday?


What is the best gift to give a woman who is a Hero to many?
The web definition of hero is- a man of great strength and courage, favored by the gods and in part descended from them, often regarded as a half-god and worshiped after his death.
Strength-The ability to maintain a moral or intellectual position firmly
Courage-The attitude of facing and dealing with anything recognized as dangerous, difficult, or painful, instead of withdrawing from it; quality of being fearless or brave.
This woman is by far over and beyond those definitions! Let me tell you a little bit about this woman.. Some of you may know her and you are blessed to know such a great person! She goes above the max to take care of her "Children" meaning, niece's or nephew's, friends and family.. They are her "Children" If one of us is out of line she is not I repeat IS NOT afraid of 'rippin us a new one' Police would rather have her take care of us than them hand over a 75 dollar ticket! :)
She is one of the best grandmothers out there... I think if she could choose she would take all of them daily to the pool or to hang out in 'gramas' garden!
She is a kid at heart and that's why she relates so well to the younger ones but when around the adults man she knows how to make a dirty joke and have us laughing non stop!
She is a very important person to me in many ways but when I was 8 months old I loved her so much I said her name.. Not just Jo but Joletta.. Clear as day! So I have been told and since that day she has been someone I have looked up to and hope I can be more and more like her as I grow older..
How many of you can say you saved someones life?? I am sure some of you can and that is absolutely great!!! But how many of you can say you saved many lives? I know I sure can't.. This woman has been on the EMT field for many many years! A CPR instructor along with EMT and at least 3 other life altering jobs in this woman's world.
Say some of you are EMT's and are reading this saying "Yea, I do that too" let me ask you... How many of you go to save a life? How many of you have to go and say one is no longer alive? It takes a very special person to swallow changing hats sometimes daily! The happy/sad up/down roller coaster of a day to day job.. "I saved one" "One is no longer with us" Tell me that's easy.. I can not answer but I know it can not be easy!
This woman is coming up to her I wont say exact birthday because she would shoot me but for 50's she looks great and feels great too! :) Now the question is.. What do you get her to show your appreciation of her Heroism Strength and Courage??
How many cards should one send her? As many as shes saved as a Thank You
How many flower arrangements are sent to her house? The amount that was saved from being taken to a funeral.
What gift to get her? The ones that adults were able to grow up to have after being a child in an accident.
or a Book full of prayers that weren't said because there loved one was not in a coma or on life support..
Do you walk up to her and give her a hug for her great doings and say a simple "Thank you, Happy Birthday"
Do you buy her a bottle of wine that was pumped out with fluid from the drunk driver who is still with us by luck?
All these many things may not make a bit of sense to anyone but this woman deserves all of this and more! She is a person we all want to be at some point in time.. When you see that wreck on the interstate don't you wish you can stop and see if someone needs help and actually KNOW what you are doing?
Don't all of you wish you can say I saved that little girls life while walking down the isle at a wedding...
I'm not saying she has DONE ALL of these but I guarantee she has done most of this.. Or she will!!
I am asking some of you If you see this woman even if you read this 3 months from now, think about all that she has done and maybe someday YOUR life may be saved by her and her team!
Miss Joletta- I am sure you are reading this, I would love to buy you all the flowers there are that are growing, All the cards in Hallmark, Give you all the thank you hugs that people DO NOT give you.. I simply decided to write about what a Hero you are to me! What an inspiration you are to me! You are one of a kind and I am very blessed to have you in my life and I thank you so much for your service and thank you for saving my life in many ways! I <3 U and Happy 5? birthday! haha
Thank you all for reading and God Bless
*Kala~

No comments:

Post a Comment