A Little About Me

I'm Kala.. Yes there's no Y in my name. Mom says it's because she didn't want me to have a hard time writing it in kindergarten.. Silly I know but that's Mom. I grew up in the small town of Nokomis as the youngest of 3 other siblings Shane, Michael and Mindy. The song American Honey relates most to my life... "She grew up on the side of the road, where the church bells ring and strong love grows, she grew up good, she grew up slow, like American Honey" I am going to be sharing my stories of the past present and what I hope to accomplish in my future. I am a very genuine girl and pray and hope my life in the future brings me happiness and joy and still be the genuine person I am... Life Is Short Lets Make The Best Of It!!!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Washington DC... What a site to See


Back in November... I received a call saying I had the opportunity to work in Washington DC... Did I think twice.. So what if I did, we all know my Mother would 'have my butt' as she would say!
Being so excited I said... What better time to see a city in this world that people dream about seeing! I got a free ride to go 'work' there.. Work was not on my mind I was going to get to see Capitol Hill, Pentagon, Washington Monument, and The White House. Who cares if it was a business trip? Some people walk to work here daily and don't think about the many people that have never and may never see such an awesome site!
A girly girl such as myself.. I had to have good hair, a nice outfit, and you guessed it, my heals. The airport for heals, yeah not the best idea I have ever had. But 'beauty is pain' so it was. By the end of the day being in an airports and on a plane from 3-12 I was so ready to get to the hotel and take a shower. But, as we were landing I looked to my right and saw.. The Capitol!! I felt like I met a famous person. The business guy next to me said "It's not that great" which made me laugh but like a kid in the candy store and as outgoing as I am, I said, "OMG but I've never seen it" and yes I said OMG not Oh My God! Ha!!
It was walking off the plane looking out the windows at the airport I soaked it all in.. All the presidents, all the many decisions, many acts taken place there. Not to mention the famous people, the movies that were shot, where I was!! Me, from little old Nokomis! I ended up seeing all I wanted to see. Not to visit but I saw it! Not from a TV screen or in a theater or in a lame educational video! It was truly something amazing to see!! :)
God has truly blessed me with all I have!
Thanks for reading, God Bless! Kala~

No comments:

Post a Comment